Don't you just love black sharpie markers? This is a very simple project, but those big white eyes make the results so cute and spectacular.
9x12 or 6x18 orange construction paper
black markers, preferably sharpies
scraps of white paper
1. No pencils allowed on this project! Take your time; think about what you're goint to draw; then just relax and go with it. Everything gets colored in black, so "mistakes" are easily covered up.
2. Draw the ground first, all the way across the paper. Color it in.
3. Draw a tree somewhere on the paper. Give it spooky branches, some thick and some thin.
4. Draw some other characters in your scene--a spider, a cat, a witch, a ghost, a skeleton, a bat, a scarecrow.... You can even add a black moon and some stars. Color everything in black.
5. Use the hole punch and the white paper to make eyes. Glue the eyes on and add a small black pupil with the black marker. Eyes can peer out of anything on the paper--the trees, the animals, even underground!
This lesson is from We Heart Art.