A great rainy day project that provides lots of practice drawing a straight line using a ruler!
- white drawing paper
- colored pencils, or thin markers
- Using a ruler, make a small pencil mark on the edge of the paper every 1/2 inch around all four sides.
- Choose three colored pencils. Make one small dot with each color, randomly placed on the paper.
- Use one color at a time. Starting at the corresponding color dot, lay the ruler from the dot to one of the pencil marks on the edge of the paper. Draw a line along the ruler with the colored pencil from the dot to the mark on the edge of the paper.
- Repeat, drawing lines from the dot to the mark on the edge of the paper until you have drawn a line to every pencil mark all of the way around the paper. Be careful not to smudge the colored pencil lines when you move the ruler.
- Do the same thing with the other two dots and the other two colored pencils.