This is a quick and easy project that's a nice twist on the typical construction paper jack-o-lantern.
- 9"x12" black construction paper
- 9"x12" orange construction paper
- 4 1/2" x 6" yellow construction paper
- small piece of green construction paper
- white glue
- straight edge
- Draw a pumpkin shape on the orange paper.
- Cut out the pumpkin.
- Use the straight edge to draw lines to divide the pumpkin shape into pieces about an inch across. Number the strips in order.
- Cut the pumpkin shape into strips. As you cut off each strip, lay it down in order so you can put the pumpkin back together!
- Lay the pumpkin strips in order across the black paper, leaving a small gap between each piece. If your pumpkin is too large for the black paper, remove a few strips. When you have a good arrangement, glue the strips to the black paper. Put the glue on the side of the strips with the pencil marks!
- Use the yellow paper to cut out eyes, a nose, and a mouth for your jack-o-lantern. Cut out a green stem. Glue the stem, the nose, the eyes, and the mouth to the jack-o-lantern.