Paper Strip Easter Rabbits
In this simple project, students create a three-dimensional rabbit made from strips of paper.
- white construction paper
- white glue
- crayons or markers
- Each student needs:
- 2 strips 2" x 11"
- 2 strips 1 1/2" x 8"
- 2 strips 1/2" x 6"
- 2 strips 1/2" x 12"
- Fold both of the 2" x 11" strips in half lengthwise to find the middle. Open the strips back to their full length.
- Take the two 2" x 11" strips and place one on top of the other at right angles so that the middles match up. Use a small dot of glue to stick the strips together.
- Now you are going to glue all four ends of those two strips together to make a sphere. Take both ends of one of the 2" x 11" strips, loop them together up in the air, and glue them together. Then take the ends of the other strip, loop them up, and glue them to same spot. This is the bunny's body.
- Make another smaller sphere by gluing the 1 1/2" x 8" strips together in the same way. This is the bunny's head.
- Glue the small sphere on top of the larger sphere.
- Use the 1/2" x 12" strips to make ears. Loop the two ends of each strip around and glue them together. Glue one loop on each side of the smaller sphere to make ears.
- Use the 1/2" by 6" strips to make arms. Loop the two ends of each strip around and glue them together. Glue one loop on each side between the larger sphere and the smaller sphere to make arms.
- Use crayons or markers to draw a face on the smaller sphere, and to color the pink part of the ears.